Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island elects new board chair and welcomes four new board members
Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island is pleased to announce that Bryan Thomson has been elected new board chair for 2020-21. The Foundation also welcomed four new board members during the Annual General Meeting, held on September 22, 2020.
Thomson has been a valued member of the Foundation board for the past five years, serving as vice-chair for the past two years, and as chair of the Finance, Audit, Investment, and Risk Committee for two years prior to that. He is taking over the helm from Sandra Hudson, who served a two-year term as board chair.
“I am honoured to be stepping into the role of board chair with the Children’s Health Foundation. Sandra has done an incredible job leading our board for the past two years, and I look forward to building upon her strong work. I know that we are facing a challenging year, but we have assembled a fantastic board of directors, and we are more committed than ever to ensuring that all Island families have access to the health care they need,” says Thomson.
Joining Thomson on the board are four new directors – Colleen Evans, Campbell River City Councillor; Megan McFadden, Orthodontist; Paul Murray, Principal Consultant at the Brentwood Advisory Group; and Joanne Schroeder, former Executive Director at the Comox Valley Child Development Association.
The following is a full list of the board of directors for 2020-21:
Board Chair: Bryan Thomson, Retired
Vice-Chair: Cory Herrera, Retired
Past Chair: Sandra Hudson, President, Sandra Hudson Communications Inc.
- Colleen Evans, Campbell River City Councillor
- Don Hubbard, President and CEO of Hubbard Consulting Ltd and Chairman of Atlas Engineered Products Ltd. (AEP.V)
- Leah Mack, Lawyer, Mack & Company Law
- Owen Matthews, General Partner, Wesley Clover
- Doug McCorquodale, Owner, Pacificus Biological Services
- Dr. Megan McFadden, Orthodontist
- Paul Murray, Principal Consultant, Brentwood Advisory Group
- Norgrove Penny, Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Pat Schneider, President, Macro Consulting
- Joanne Schroeder, former Executive Director at the Comox Valley Child Development Association
- Ian Wheatley, Senior Associate, Greenard Group at Scotia Wealth Management
During the AGM, the Foundation also recognized outbound board directors to thank them for their dedication and commitment to serve Island families. This included Blair Hagkull, International Director & Managing Director with Jones Lang Lasalle, and Bill Snell, Chartered Accountant.
“I am excited to welcome Bryan as new board chair. He brings a wealth of experience to our board and is dedicated and passionate about improving the lives of Island children and youth living with physical and mental health challenges. We know that Island families need our support now more than ever before, and I am so grateful to have such a diverse and talented group leading the Foundation during this unprecedented time. With their vision and leadership guiding our team, I am confident we will weather the storm,” said Veronica Carroll, CEO of Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island.