Tim Hortons® Smile Cookie Campaign is Back, Supporting Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island
Last year, Tim Hortons® restaurant owners and guests across the country raised a record $9.8 million to support local charities through their annual Smile Cookie campaign. Back again for its 24th year, Tim Hortons Smile Cookie week will support charities in communities across the country, including Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island – one of 550 Canadian charities, hospitals, and community programs supported through the annual campaign.
New this year is an inter-Island friendly competition between Victoria and Nanaimo. Together, the Tim Hortons owners of the 24 Victoria restaurants have challenged the eight Nanaimo restaurant owners to see who can sell the most Smile Cookies during the one-week campaign. Regardless of the outcome, both charities – Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island and the Nanaimo & District Hospital Foundation will both be winners at the end of the challenge.
For one week, from September 14 – 20, restaurant owners will donate the full $1 from every freshly baked chocolate chunk Smile Cookie purchased to support charities in their community. Guests can complete a form to place pre-orders for Smile Cookies through participating restaurants in the Greater Victoria area.
For the seventh year in a row, Tim Hortons restaurants across the Greater Victoria region are supporting the Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island. To date, more than $215,000 has been raised in Victoria through the sale of Smile Cookies to support Island kids. This year, funds will allow the Foundation to bring health care supports closer to home for Island families and will help to transform the lives of children and youth living with physical and mental health challenges.
“We are absolutely thrilled to be selected as the charity of choice, once again this year, by our local Tim Horton’s franchisees across Greater Victoria. It has been a challenging year, and we are so appreciative for the support this will give to local Island kids and families living with physical and mental health challenges. Everyone loves a good cookie and we can’t think of a better reason to indulge in a sweet treat next week! Join us as #SmileCookieChampions and purchase a cookie for a great cause.”
– Veronica Carroll, CEO, Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island
“Communities coming together during these difficult times is more important than ever. Our restaurant team members and I are excited to continue working with our local charity partner, Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island, to raise as much as possible to support the Foundation. We encourage all of our guests throughout our annual Smile Cookie week to support their local charities by purchasing a freshly-baked Smile Cookie at Tim Hortons for just $1.”
– Kelly Sim, Tim Hortons Restaurant Owner, Langford
“Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve been treating local food banks, hospitals, and charities to our coffee trucks and baked goods as they support their communities day in and day out. We’re continuing to support these organizations as we kick off our annual Smile Cookie week, one of our largest restaurant owner-led initiatives, that continues to support local charities who need it most. We’re so excited Smile Cookie is back for its 24th year.”
– Hope Bagozzi, Chief Marketing Officer, Tim Hortons
Smile Cookie Campaign Facts
- In 2019, the Smile Cookie campaign raised a record $9.8 million across Canada
- For over 24 years, Tim Hortons restaurant owners and guests have been spreading smiles. The Smile Cookie campaign began in 1996 to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario
- Nationally, Tim Hortons restaurant owners support over 550 local charities, hospitals, and community programs through the Smile Cookie campaign
Join the Smile Cookie Conversation
- Use the hashtag #SmileCookie or #SmileCookieChampions
- Tag or follow us on Instagram @TimHortons & @islandkidsfirst
- Tag or follow us on Twitter @TimHortons & @islandkidsfirst
- Like us on Facebook Tim Hortons & @islandkidsfirst
- Subscribe to us on YouTube @TimHortons
- Visit Tim Hortons for a list of local charities benefiting from the Smile Cookie campaign