Make a difference for our children

Our generous donors give in a variety of ways, from one-time donations to giving in their wills.

Whether you have $5, $50 or $500 to give, your donation will make a huge difference in the lives and futures of our Island children and youth.


Leave a legacy

Ensure Island kids have access to the care they need for decades to come. Contact us to learn more about donating to Children’s Health Foundation in your will.


Give securities

Rather than selling your securities, 50% of which is subject to tax, you can completely eliminate capital gains tax by donating your securities.


Give in memory

Honour a loved one by donating in their name, whether you’re celebrating a wedding or the life of a relative, friend or colleague who has passed.

Kids Care

Get your kids in on the fundraising fun, too! They can pop up a lemonade stand in the summer or run a bottle drive through your neighbourhood. Some kids donate their allowance or ask family and friends to give donations instead of gifts at birthdays, graduations and other special occasions.

Frequently asked questions

What is the legal name of the Foundation?

Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island. Although we legally changed our name from Queen Alexandra Foundation for Children to Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island, you do not need to change your will. Our Charitable Registration Number (89863 8291 RR0001) remains the same, and Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island is the legal successor to the Queen Alexandra Foundation for Children.

What is the Foundation’s charitable registration number?

89863 8291 RR0001

How do I leave a gift in securities?
  1. Notify your financial advisor that you wish to transfer securities. With the help of your advisor, complete and sign this Letter of Authorization (provides your advisor with the authority to transfer the securities to our brokerage account).
  2. Follow the instructions on the form to advise our broker and our office of your transfer.
  3. When we receive the transferred securities (which can take a few days—or weeks, in the case of mutual funds), we will issue you a tax receipt for the closing price of the securities on the date they were received into our account.

We ask that you let us know when you’ve initiated a transfer as there can be a delay between your request to your broker and the donation arriving in our account. If we know of your intention, we can help facilitate the process.

Make a difference today

You can make a difference in the life of a kid—your one-time or monthly donation will help them access the support they need when they need it.

Thank you to our donors

Without the support of our donors, our work wouldn’t be possible. Thank you to the people who give—you make a difference in our kids’ lives.