COVID-19 news and updates
To help Island families navigate through these difficult and uncertain times, we have compiled a list of tips and resources from trusted sources to help you stay informed.
The Foundation continues to rely on the expertise of our local, provincial, and federal health authorities for updates on COVID-19.
Updates made: April29, 2021
Island Health has entered Phase 3 of BC’s Vaccination plan
COVID-19 vaccines for people age 18+ – please see more information here from Island Health
It remains critically important that people continue to follow the Provincial Health Officer’s Orders and guidelines, and practice the steps we know are effective in reducing the risk of transmission of COVID-19. Please continue to reduce your contacts, practice physical distancing, wear a mask in public spaces, wash your hands frequently, and avoid non-essential travel.
Information on COVID-19 is changing every day. Stay up-to-date on the latest news by checking this page or by signing up to receive our emails!
During these unprecedented times, we are committed to staying strong together to keep our Island families safe.
Follow us on social media to stay up-to-date!
Mental health resources
Check out these Island-based resources to help support your families’ mental health during this time of uncertainty.
- Our community partner, Foundry BC, is a leader in British Columbia with mental health support tools
- Island Health offers services for mental health and substance-related resources
- Our new blog series, Ask the Expert provides insight from experts in child health. Dr. Jillian Roberts, founder of Family Sparks provides many tips and tricks for managing your mental health amidst the outbreak
- A guide about guarding mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you are seeking ways to get involved in supporting the COVID-19 response, refer to the links below for ways you can help.
- Support Island Health wide initiatives and donations
- Register to be matched with a senior in your community with BC211
Following the protocols listed above is a step in the right direction when it comes to reducing the spread of COVID-19. Here are a few additional resources.
COVID-19 related stories and news
Read more about our COVID-19 updates. Be sure to follow our ‘Ask the Expert’ blog series to learn healthy tips and gain expert advice on best practices related to COVID-19.
Do your part to help slow the spread of COVID-19 by following these social distancing protocols to help flatten the curve:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Keep at least two metres apart from others when outside the home
- Cancel gatherings of more than 50 people
- Stay at home and away from others if you feel ill
- Self-isolate for 14 days if you have been traveling or have been exposed to the virus
Have a question for us?
Send us your questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org